Dates: 10 – 13 June 2024
IMPORTANT: Please note dates have been changed from 11-14 June 2024, this is to avoid a substantial increase in hotel costs for delegates on Thursday 14 June. The extremely popular band, The Foo Fighters will be playing in Manchester on Thursday night and hotel prices have doubled across the city. A provisional conference will be published soon and a hotel booking page will be made available, we will advise members as soon as this is done via the newsletter and NIBS shout-out.
We are delighted to announce Manchester Metropolitan University as hosts of the 2024 NIBS Conference. Manchester is a city known for its warm welcome alongside its sporting legends, musical talent, cultural offering and bustling nightlife, do make sure you take the time to explore what makes this city so special.
Manchester Met Business School is triple accredited by EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, meeting the international benchmark of excellence for business schools and placing it among the best business schools in the world.
Read more about Manchester Met Business School
Manchester Metropolitan University is a leading, modern university with a history of education since 1824. It has a global network of 333,000 alumni living in 170 countries, Manchester Met places great importance on its international students, collaborations, and partnerships. Manchester Met also has had a distinguished list of alumni and honorary graduates over many years. It is recognised by Stonewall as a champion of diversity within its community and recognised as one of the most sustainable universities in the UK. Manchester Met has always maintained strong links to industry and it has an impressive graduate employability rate of 93%. The University also partners with over 540 local and national organisations to hold 1,000 industry apprenticeship contracts.
Our hosts have secured an excellent rate for delegates. There are two hotels to choose from, Novotel and the IBIS, Portland Street.
There is a flexible cancellation policy of 48 hours before arrival for both hotels. A valid credit/debit card is required to make the reservation and payment will be taken at the of point of arrival. A dedicated booking page will be made available very soon.
How to get to Manchester
Manchester is one of the most accessible cities in Europe thanks to its world-class airport and strategic position on the UK’s rail and road network.
Manchester Airport is the global gateway to the North of England, and the largest UK airport outside of London.
- Your delegates will benefit from non-stop flights from over 200 destinations including nearly every major European city including Brussels, Paris, Frankfurt and Amsterdam, as well as global hubs including New York, Houston, Los Angeles, Beijing, Dubai, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- July 2021 saw Manchester Airport open its £1bn ‘super-terminal’ which has seen a significant transformation and expansion of the existing Terminal 2 to create a truly global hub.
- The journey from Manchester Airport to Manchester’s city centre is 15-20 minutes by train (c.£4.00) or 20-25 minutes by taxi (c.£25.00).
Liverpool’s John Lennon Airport is an alternative gateway to Manchester, with flights arriving from a network of European destinations. Travel to Manchester is around one hour by train or coach.
With direct rail services from across the country, getting to Manchester by train couldn’t be easier.
- Manchester Piccadilly is one of three main stations in Manchester and offers direct services to other major UK cities.
- There are 60 direct trains a day from London (every 20 minutes), with a journey time of just over two hours.
- Liverpool, Leeds and Sheffield are all within one hour by train and Scotland and the Lake District are under two hours.