We are delighted to announce the winner of NIBS Worldwide Business Plan Competition 2023 as UCLL, Belgium, Team: eConnection.
LAB University of Applied Sciences, Finland, Team: Lascerna were second and Technological University Dublin (TU Dublin), Ireland, Panga Surf were third.
See the videos and the business plans here.
About the competition
- The competition is conducted virtually; there are no travel requirements.
- Students participate in teams of 2-5 individuals.
- They can be from any academic program and multidisciplinary teams are encouraged.
- They can be from undergraduate or masters programs.
- The task is to conceive of a new service or product offering, OR, improve an existing product or service, and create a business plan for it.
- The deliverable (on which teams are assessed) is a written business plan and concept pitch video aimed at convincing potential investors to finance the business.
- Registration deadline is January 27, 2023.
- Submission deadline is March 15, 2023.
- Entry fee is €150 per team.
- Each participating school can enter up to 2 teams.
- Final presentation round is mid May 2023.
- Registration is available here, register for the competition
The NIBS Worldwide Business Plan Competition aims to stimulate entrepreneurship among students.
Teams are challenged to improve an existing service, or product, or to conceive of a new service or product offering. Teams must then create a business plan and concept pitch video aimed at convincing potential investors to finance the business. Each year, the three best submissions are selected by a jury of business professionals and academics to compete in the Final Round.
Participants in the Business Plan Competition benefit in a variety of ways:
- experience creating a business model and writing a business plan
- familiarity with primary / secondary market research and the process of conducting feasibility studies
- feedback from a jury of senior managers and academics
- experience working as part of a team
- opportunity to sharpen organizational and communication skills
- prize money to the winner and second and third place teams
Click through for further details on the cash prizes available for winners and runner up teams.
Past winners and finalists
If you are looking for inspiration the submissions of previous winners and finalists are available to view here, past winners and finalists.
You can find the competition manual, judges assessment criteria and other relevant documents here.
If you have questions regarding competition logistics or the status of your registration/payment, please contact the Competition Coordinator, Ms Vera Demaiter, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.